Monday, December 29, 2014

I've got a Blank Space, baby. . .

It pains me to admit this. . . but I am addicted to Taylor Swift's latest hit, "Blank Space."

I am not "anti-Taylor," per say...  but I am not exactly a mega-fan, either.  I tend to find her hit-of-the-moment catchy for about a day, and then it becomes annoying.  I admire her talent, but generally don't have any kind of connecting emotion to her "I'm in my early 20's and can't find love" themed tunes.  I am liking her style, I think she's beautiful and don't feel she's undeserving of any of her success. . . but it's Taylor Swift and I just can't fully commit to calling myself a fan. 
 ((I also may still hold a grudge that she dated- and then attempted to shame- my love, John Mayer.))

That said. . . I can't get enough of this song.  When I first heard it on satellite radio, I immediately went to youtube to watch the video and listen again.  And again.  And again.   After about 4 listens, I bought the damn song.   Weeks later, I still crank it up when it comes on my radio and find myself hunting through my iTunes library to listen to it at least once a day.

I may need a T.Swift intervention.  ((And those, my friends, are words I NEVER thought I would say.))



No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!