Monday, December 29, 2014

An Inspired 2015

For years, I have resolved NOT to get involved with a New Year's Resolution for a number of reasons; the main two being that I simply have poor will power, and when I do decide I need to make a change for the better, I find it best implementing the appropriate practices immediately.

Last year, I decided to take a monthly approach to resolutions.  So, rather than choosing one or two things to "promise for the entire year," I decided to take on a goal/task/resolution each month. Unfortunately, this didn't last long.   While it seemed completely "doable" I set myself up for failure in the first two months by being overly ambitious with my goals. . . so by March, I was done trying.

As 2014 winds down, I find myself thinking about the past year and everything that I didn't get done, both professionally and personally.  While it wasn't a bad year, it also wasn't a spectacular one, either.  I don't feel like I grew much - and that feeling leaves me very uncomfortable.

I read this article titled "15 Phrases that will Change Your Life in 2015," and I found it pretty thought-provoking.   It got me thinking, not about "what" I want to do in the new year, but "who" I want to be.

I want to be inspiring.

I want to be inspired.

While the idea is only a couple of short sentences, this means quite a few things, all at once.  I will do my best to say "no" when my life is too busy to take on one more thing.  I will not be afraid to try to learn new things.  I will wake up earlier so that I have more time in the day, but when the mood strikes on those days that allow it, I will stay curled up in bed for just a bit longer without guilt.  I will smile more, and strive to worry less.  When I inevitably stress and worry over things I cannot control, I will not beat myself up over this slip up- instead, I will breathe deeper and count to 10 ((or maybe even 20...))  I will look for the good in people.  I will do my best to make the good in me easy for others to find.

I will write more letters, whether they be to friends and family, or simply to myself.  I will send more mail to my friends, "just because."

I will pray more.

So, that's it,  This is what I am resolving for the New Year.  I intend to allow myself to be inspired.  I intend to take the time to let whatever inspires me take action inside my head and my heart.  Rather than push things aside and let life keep me "too busy," I resolve to find time to live an inspired life.   I intend to search for inspiration, beauty and good in everything, and I intend to share those same wonderful nuggets of inspiration, beauty and good with anyone who'll have them.

I will spend 2015 being inspired,

What is your resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!