Thursday, July 24, 2014

Five things I'm loving on the internet this week. . .

Whenever I am dealing with that "I've hit a brick wall" feeling at work, I find it best to distract myself for a moment.  I'll minimize whatever window I am working in and go the internet for a quick break.  ((The trick is not to let yourself get too distracted, which is why I rarely head to pinterest while on a break...))

Below are a few links to things that I've found ((and loved)) around the internet this week:

The trailer for this documentary on marriage.  I'm looking forward to watching this one!

((I blame Professor Gorham and my college film class for this one!!))

Blake Lively's new lifestyle website, Preserve.  I'm not sure about its user-friendliness yet, but Lively's first letter was inspiring, and rumor has it her husband Ryan Reynolds will be contributing.  Who doesn't love that?

This spoof trailer from Wil Wheaton is HILARIOUS.  And so very dead-on.  If you grew up in the 80s/early 90s, you MUST watch this!

...and speaking of trailers...
Fifty Shades of Grey is hitting theatres in February.  Have you seen the trailer?  ((Of course you have.))
What do you think?  I read the book series, and was very mixed about it all.  The story-telling was atrocious and I found all it very annoying- but I read all three books within a week.  I think I'll eventually get around to seeing the film version- but I don't expect to head to theatres to do so.  
Will you go see it?  

If you've got something great on the internet that I need to see, give me the link in the comment section!  
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking how much I miss the blogging world and like a sign you have a new post ;) I am currently distracting myself at work right now with your blog! :) And I just watched the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer. My sisters were group texting about it this morning, but I just now had the chance to watch and now I desperately want to pick up the book again. I tried getting through the first one last summer and just couldn't do it. You described it best. Atrocious and annoying! But this steamy trailer has me intrigued once again. I hope I can remember what I read last summer! Thanks for the little break sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO happy to see you on my blog, Marz! I've missed blogging and have been trying to get back into it- like all things, it takes time and dedication... but it really is so rewarding to connect with people. (And to write again! Even if it's just quick posts like this!) I REALLY think you should get back into it!! ;)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!