Friday, September 5, 2014

oh hey Friday - five things link up!

I thought this was a fun linkup for a Friday- so I'm joining in!  I encourage you to go do the same!

The idea is to list 5 things.  Anything.  And then head over here and link up!

ONE
I found a link to this article about a Friday night dinner ritual on A Cup of Jo today... and fell in love.  Seriously, the idea of having a dinner party ritual is just so amazing.  Living in a small community ((actually, living out in the middle of nowhere, 12 miles away from a small community)) makes it hard to keep a social life alive these days.  I have some a handful of wonderful friends here in my tiny town, and I am blessed to be close to my family, but most people in my "social circle" live an hour or more away.  The thought of having regular gatherings sounds heavenly.  I suggest reading this!

TWO
I don't know how I managed to sleep without lavender and cedarwood essential oils.  Since I started using Young Living oils, my life has gotten so much better in so many ways... but nothing tops the sleep quality these days.  I diffuse a couple drops of lavender and cedarwood every night, and my days of having trouble dozing off are LONG gone.  Amen, and amen.  
((info on essential oils can be found here.  Or email me!))

THREE
I am super excited to be heading to Norman tomorrow to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of my friends Shannon and Macky.  Shannon is my very best friend, and I absolutely adore her husband. They didn't have a wedding years ago, so we are having a P-A-R-T-Y for this big anniversary. Finally, a night of social activity!  ((see number one))

FOUR
I believe my love for Pearl Jam will never die.  I've been listening to PJ for a few days straight while working in my office, and this song in particular just never gets old.


FIVE
This morning's run was a tough one for me.  It wasn't the first day for me to do this particular week of the run/walk program, and I got through it fairly well the other day...so I'm not sure why today was so tough.  Either way, as difficult ((and slow)) as it was, I got through it.  I am almost up to week 5 in my 9 week training program... who would have thought?!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!



1 comment:

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!