Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day, come and gone...

I'm so sad that Labor Day has come and gone.   Even with the temperatures still around 100 degrees, I can't help but feel like summer is gone.

I spent my weekend doing exactly what I had hoped for:  swimming, spending time with family and being lazy.  
Neil teaching Chloe a guitar riff

Mallory & Chloe, "riding the gate."

Perfect way to end the summer. . . 

My Labor Day wardrobe...


This weekend was also my dad's birthday... it's times like these that I really hate him living so far away.  I called and talked to him a few times over the weekend, but it would have been so much better to have had him here in Oklahoma.  

I dug this great photo out of storage and posted it on Facebook, just to make sure he got lots of birthday love.  This is one of my favorite photos of my dad- it was taken on his 19th birthday in 1975.  I absolutely love photos of my parents, taken before they were my parents.  

I hope your Labor Day was full of fun, family, friends and anything else you wanted!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Awww, looks like it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! Mine just consisted of moving! :) How is that summer brew? I haven't had it yet. Great photo of your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, moving... I do not envy you! However, I am jealous of all the fun unpacking and decorating can be! I hope it all goes smoothly for you! :)
      The summer brew was pretty good- I am not generally a coors light fan but this was nice and citrus-y! Definitely a good drink for a hot day....

      Delete
  3. What a great photo of your dad- my dad's birthday is coming up this weekend and he's also in another state, so I know how you feel about wishing he was closer! Swimming sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend so hot!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!