Thursday, August 28, 2014

Time to relax...

I often believe the universe just KNOWS when we need a break...  and then blessedly drops a three-day weekend in our laps.  Is everyone else as ready for Labor Day weekend as I am?

We don't really have big plans for our little holiday break... which is exactly what I was needing.   Due to my inability to say "no" to anything, my weekend schedule seems to fill up faster than my workdays, which leaves no time for "down" time.  I try not to complain, because I love staying busy and being involved in my church and community, but sometimes I just need a break.  


Our September is already completely booked- we'll be out of town for my best friend's anniversary party, then headed to DC for an exciting event (more on this later),  and then Neil and I are taking turns attending the Walk To Emmaus, a church retreat.  He attends one weekend, and then I attend another.
With all of that coming up, this three-day weekend is EXACTLY what I need.

From Friday at 5pm until Tuesday at 5am, I plan to wear nothing but either my bathing suit or my pajamas, and intend to keep my face makeup free (all with the exception of Sunday morning for church, that is...).  
My mom is keeping my twin cousins for the weekend- they are ten and full of energy and wonderful- and I am looking forward to spending some quality time with them, hearing all about how life in the 5th grade is treating them so far.  I also hope to do some reading (I am just beginning The 5 Love Languages), some napping, some baking and some meditating.

I intend to breathe it in and enjoy.

I hope the very same for you!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!