Friday, August 29, 2014

A few things from the past week...

Last Sunday, I hosted a baby shower for a sweet couple at our church.  C & L are expecting their first baby- a boy!- in early October, and I was honored to get to help put together a party to celebrate their new arrival!
The family owns a ranch and an outfitting company, so Baby Boy is already destined to be an outdoorsy, country boy!  (Isn't that the best kind?)
We kept a "cowboy/western" theme for the shower, and had a great time.  It was a little more stressful that I had anticipated, but it was worth it all to be able to honor this new family!



My 5K training has taken a detour - it seems that sore knee what was bothering me has been more of a (literal) pain than I anticipated and I've been doing my best to let it heal.   This means no running- which completely derails my training schedule.  I've traded running outside for time on an elliptical machine, which I know isn't the same at all.  I'm hoping that my time on the elliptical and time spent doing low-impact leg routines will keep my momentum up until I can actually hit the pavement again.  I have to admit, the fact that I didn't just 'give up' when this little injury occured is an accomplishment in itself!

I heard this cover of Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" today, and I fell in love.  I have loved this song forever, and tend to be a fan of anything Ben Harper does, so it was just the perfect combination!  
Random fact about me:  I LOVE cover songs.  Especially when they have a nice twist to them or are in a completely different style than the original.


I also fell in love with this kid this week:

What a vocabulary!  
This reaction just made me laugh over and over again.  I really wish I could remember the moment when I found out I was going to be a big sister... I was seven and had been perfectly happy as the only child, so I'm sure I wasn't too thrilled with the news, either.  ;)

Have a wonderful three-day weekend!  I know I'm going to! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Please, share your thoughts!